About Dr. Ken Gibson and Tanya Mitchell
This father daughter team has worked together over 25 years developing the world’s #1 Brain Training program and today providing families help and guidance with their children’s motivation and habit struggles
Dr. Gibson: I remember when I stayed after school in third grade because I struggled to read. I would much rather play than go to school. But I just kept plugging away and later found my niche and in time developed the most powerful brain training program in the world – with unmatched results**. In the fifty years I’ve worked with students and adults struggling to learn – I could see that they had other problems as well – like motivation, lacked goals, poor habits, and not taking responsibility, to name a few. That is why, after turning my brain training program over to two of my kids – I with the help of my daughter (Tanya) plus a few grandkids, have taken on a new challenge – BrainWiseLife (helping kids and teen be happier and more successful).
Tanya Mitchell: dsfjal;lkdjf
I really enjoy working with my father. He has so much experience and wisdom. He started as a pediatric eye doctor, and because of his interest in education - starting a small chain of preschools, a grade school, a multi-discipline learning center, taught in both high school and college. But because of the struggle he saw students were having to learn – he left his practice to develop a cognitive (brain) training programs now used around the world and in over 20 languages. I’ve been working alongside him.
"Yes, you can see – we’ve got a passion for kids and learning!!”
Dr. Gibson: Recently, after hitting 75 and turning over our Brain Training to two adult children, I just couldn’t stop working and helping kids! I know that kids can do better and be happier. What’s why I’ve teamed up with Tanya and a few grandkids to start this new adventure. There are courses and programs out there that can help – but knowing which are the best - and providing the greatest value - most parents would find difficult. That is our mission. And if there is something really needed that is not out there – we’ll create it ourselves – using the same demand for excellence we used when creating our brain training programs. And we’ll assure it’s world class – getting unmatched outcomes – a yet affordable!
Tanya: One thing you can be sure of, Dad will make sure that what is taught - is retained! (We know that less than 15% of most programs are remembered after 4 days – and our goal is over 80%). Just to illustrate - click on the video below and watch grandchild # 14, list the presidents - 4 days after being taught them by his father (my brother) in about 2 hours using one of my Dad’s techniques.
I fell in love with my childhood friend on a visit back to the UK, and 6 months later we were married and had moved from Malta to Australia in early 2012.
Our brain training business went from 1 to 100’s of location in 46 countries. From one basic cognitive program to training in reading, math, comprehension, and study skills. From only students to now adults, seniors, and those with Traumatic Brain Injury. From problems with learning, attention, memory, to dyslexia, dementia, and traumatic injury. And all with unmatched results!
Dr. Gibson: I believe that some of the MOST IMPORTANT skills are not taught or developed in school and may be missed at home. Skills like attention, memory, logic, visual and auditory processing can be trained in braining training centers. But where is there effective help with behavior skills like motivation, purpose, responsibility, and habits? Or training in dealing with people, money, and work/school? These life skills are often overlooked. Our mission is to provide families help in those areas when needed - by providing unmatched content and training that is cost effective, retained, and makes measurable changes in lives.
Let us hold your hand, guide and support you on this journey.
My family is my inspriation! This is our 50th anniveriyt ceebration in Hawwii. My wife and I are just left of center and Tanya and her family just left of me - as you view it. There has been one addition since them – can you find the slight clue in the picture?
Internationally Acclaimed & Award-Winning Learning & Education Expert
- Father of 5 great kids and grandfather of 16 wonderful grandkids
- Founder and Past CEO of LearningRx & LearningRx Franchise System
- Has helped over 100,000 people in over 46 countries to learn easier, faster, and better
- Founder and developer of BrainRx (overseas cognitive training centers)
- Founder and developer of PACE (Processing and Cognitive Enhancement) programs
- Founder and developer of VIP (Visual Information Program) program (used by over 300 doctors in the US)
- Founder and Past CEO of the Eye Care Centers
- Listed as one on the “5 most influential people in the field of visual processing”
- Founder and developer of The Learning Center (a multiple discipline learning remedial center)
- Founder and developer of HoneyRock (a small chain of preschools)
- Served on local public-school boards and private school boards
- Founder and principle of FVCA (a private 1-8 grade school)
- CEO and developer of EyeMate (practice management software)
- Served as an elected representative at two levels in Wisconsin
- Hosted “Consider the Evidence” radio program about science and the Bible
Let Us Help You Help Your Children
We provide a range of programs and services to assist most needs and budgets, including:
Courses that we have evaluated and decided that they were too good for us to complete with:
- Financial Instruction for children ages 7 to 14 (now available)
Course that we developed because we could not find one that either was good enough or affordable:
- YESS (Your Epic Success System) – a 10 week program with accountability (live coaching each week) covering mindset, goals, motivation, taking responsibility, taking action, and habits. (will be available fall 2020)
- The Course Creation Bootcamp - 3-7 days of face to face course creation immersion
Courses that we will be developing because we couldn’t find one that either was good enough or affordable (if you know one that we ought to consider – Please tell us about it at support @brainwiselife.com) (please note that we design our courses for a 80% retention rate – average courses have a retention rate of between 5 -30%)
- Topic: Basic course with accountability about study skills
- Topic: Advance course on habits, practice and mastery
- Topic: Advance course with accountability about purpose, values, mindset, and life goals
- Topic: Advance course with accountability about forming good and removing bad habits
- Topic: Advance course with accountability about planning and setting goals
- Topic: Advance course with accountability about study skills
- Topic: Advance course with accountability about motivation, grit, determination & persistence
- Topic: Basic: a synthesis of the best advice for starting a new business considering the following factors: need, competition, size of market, ability to scale, ability to run without you (age 15 on up)
- Topic: Basic: a synthesis of the best advice for managing a business targeting the following key areas: administration, finances, operations, marketing, sales, product/service, quality. (age 15 on up)
GET FREE ACCESS TO MY “NUGGETS OF LIFE PRINCIPLES” FOR 365 DAYS!